SHS Senior Ayden Walton Receives National Honor

Ayden hard at work in Mrs. Eidson’s class

Cameron Shaw, Writer/Producer

On January 25, 2023, The National Society of High School Scholars awarded Ayden Walton, a senior here at SHS, a lifetime membership to the esteemed group for his hard work and dedication throughout his high school career.

James W. Lewis, president of NSHSS, stated the following in regard to Walton’s accomplishment, “On behalf of NSHSS and our co-founder Claes Nobel, a member of the family that established the Nobel Prizes, I am honored to recognize the hard work, passion and commitment that Ayden has demonstrated to achieve this exceptional level of academic excellence,” said Lewis. “Ayden is now a member of a unique community of scholars – a community that represents our very best hope for the future. We are proud to provide lifetime membership to young scholars to support their growth and development,” stated Lewis. “We help students like Ayden build on their academic success by connecting them with learning experiences and resources to help prepare them for college and meaningful careers.”

His academic success blazes a trail for all who follow and will show an example of how hard work can benefit you in the long run on a national scale.

Personally speaking, I’ve gotten to know Ayden during my time here at Springville High School. I have come to appreciate our friendship and all that he has accomplished as a student here. He is a genius in the classroom, and a tremendous athletic talent. Overall, Ayden Walton is what all of us here at SHS should aspire to be!

Congratulations Ayden! You deserve this, and we are proud of you!